Lisa received her undergraduate degree from Ottawa University, Ottawa, Kansas, her law degree from the University of San Francisco and her LL.M. in Taxation from New York University.
After completing her LL.M., Lisa started her career at the New York City office of Ernst & Young. She then practiced with a large New York City law firm where her practice focused on tax, employee benefits, ERISA and executive compensation planning. In 1984 she returned to Denver where she practiced until her family moved to the Chicago area. She then worked at a national law firm located in Milwaukee, continuing her focus on employee benefits, ERISA and executive compensation. Following the birth of the second of four children, Lisa retired temporarily from the practice of law. Since the return to the practice of law in 2007, Lisa has concentrated her efforts in the areas of estate planning and elder law. She particularly enjoys planning for families with loved ones with special needs. Lisa speaks frequently to the public on both special needs planning and estate planning.
Lisa's commitment to community involvement began in law school, where she served as the first woman president of the student bar association. During her hiatus from the practice of law, she volunteered her services in several community projects, including a Chicago clinic providing legal resources to AIDS patients. She also served as the Colorado volunteer coordinator for an international education program and assisted in the start up of a human resources outsourcing company. Lisa now serves on the Foundation Board of her church, assisting to build a permanent endowment fund. She is a member of the Women's Estate Planning Council and the Colorado and Denver Bar Associations.
Areas of Practice
- 20% Probate and Estate Administration
- 60% Estate Planning
- 20% Special Needs Planning
- Colorado, 1985
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 1978
- New York University School of Law, New York, New York
- LL.M. - 1980
- Major: Taxation
- Ottawa University, Ottawa, Kansas
- B.A. - 1972
- Planning for Special Needs, Numerous, 2010 - 2012
- Trust Planning for Individuals with Disabilities or on Public Benefits
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Denver Women's Estate Planning Council, Member, 2009 - 2012
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, 2007 - 2012
- Denver Bar Association, 2007 - 2012